Using Example Programs¶
The example programs included with the Virtual Channel SDK are buildable, working virtual channels. Use these examples to:
- Verify your Virtual Channel SDK is correct by building a known working example program.
- Provide working examples of code that can be modified to suit your requirements.
- Explore the features and functionality provided in the Virtual Channel SDK.
The example programs included with the Virtual Channel SDK are:
- Ping: Records the round-trip delay time for a test packet sent over a virtual channel.
- Mix: Demonstrates a mechanism to call functions (for example, to get the time of day) on a remote client.
- Over: Simple asynchronous application that demonstrates how to code an application where the server must receive a response from the client asynchronously, and where the type of packet being sent to the client is different from the type received.
Each example includes a description of the program, packet format, and other necessary information. For more information, see https://developer-docs.citrix.com/projects/workspace-app-for-windows-virtual-channel-sdk/en/latest/using-example-programs/.