Delete a rule configured on the FAS server.
Get-FasRule -Name <String> [-Address <String>] [-UserName <String>] [-Password <String>] [<CommonParameters>]
Delete a rule configured on the FAS server. The rule will no longer be available to issue certificates. Normally to log in to a Windows computer the Active Directory Domain Controllers require that "primary credentials" be present
- that is a password, or a smartcard, etc. An instance of a Federated Authentication Service allows trusted servers to "assert" user identities without knowledge of primary credentials. The configuration options are:
- The name of the Rule or Service instance. Usually there will be at least one service named "default", but further, independent services can be run.
- A reference to the certificate definitions used to issue Virtual Smart Card certificates when user identities are asserted. Note that only Certificate Definitions marked "InSession" can be used after the logon stage.
- A reference to the Virtual Smart Card to use for log on. By default this is the first in the list of Certificate Definitions.
- A list of Windows Accounts that are trusted to assert identities for this Rule. For security reasons, this must be chosen very carefully
- usually it will be the explicit machine accounts of your StoreFront servers.
- A list of Windows User Accounts that can be asserted. Usually this will be restricted to a security group. For example "ExternalCitrixUserGroup"
- A list of VDA Windows Accounts that can act as relying parties to log users in. For example, "CitrixVdaMachines"
- A list of administrators who have can modify (but not create or delete) the rule. This command can only be called by FAS Administrators (built-in Administrator group of FAS server).
|Name||Description||Required?||Pipeline Input||Default Value|
|Name||Specify the name of the rule to delete.||true||true (ByPropertyName)||(default)|
|Address||Address of FAS Server (or \$NULL to use \$CitrixFasAddress)||false||true (ByPropertyName)||\$CitrixFasAddress|
|UserName||User name to use for authentication to FAS server (\$NULL for current user account)||false||true (ByPropertyName)||\$NULL|
|Password||Password for authentication to FAS server (\$NULL for current user account)||false||true (ByPropertyName)||\$NULL|
Variable, based on property name¶
This cmdlet does accept input from the pipeline but only by property name.
This cmdlet does not return a value
C:\PS> $CitrixFasAddress=(Get-FasServer).Address C:\PS> Remove-FasRule -Name (Get-FasRule).name
This code deletes the first Rule configured on the Federated Authentication Service