About REST APIs in Citrix Workspace Environment Management
The Citrix Workspace Environment Management (WEM) offering, which is a part of the Citrix DaaS (formerly Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service), provides a set of REST APIs. Use them to automate the management of WEM-managed Windows devices.
As an IT administrator, you can use the REST APIs to manage and optimize the resources of your Windows devices. Currently, you can perform the following management tasks:
- Manage your configuration set
- Manage your user-level AD objects
- Manage your machine-level AD objects
- Optimize resource utilization
Follow the guidance in the Sample codes, Use cases and integrations, and API Exploration sections to manage your Windows devices.
Who can use the REST APIs to manage WEM
This API service is useful in scenarios where you want to optimize the resources of your Windows devices. To use the service, ensure that the following conditions are met:
- Service “WEM” is available and enabled in Citrix Cloud.
- You have
customer IDfor Citrix Cloud service APIs.
- You have a
bearer tokenfor authorization to the Citrix Cloud service APIs.
For information about how to generate the
bearer token, see the Get started with Citrix Cloud APIs section.
Base URLs vary from region to region. A list of base URLs is as follows:
- United States (US): api.wem.cloud.com
- European Union (EU): eu-api.wem.cloud.com
- Japan (JP): jp-api.wem.citrixcloud.jp
- Asia Pacific South (APS): aps-api.wem.cloud.com
Error codes with REST APIs for WEM
The WEM REST API service supports standard error codes for Citrix Cloud service APIs. For more information, see Citrix Cloud service error codes.