Citrix StoreFront Store Services API 3.0¶
The purpose of this document is to specify the API for the Store Services, also known as Resource Services, that are used for retrieving information about resources published from: XenApp, XenDesktop, VDI-in-a-Box, AppController, ShareFile, and other resource providers.
The Store Services, are part of the StoreFront Services and allow clients to access resources available from various back-end providers. Examples of resources include: apps, including mobile apps, desktops, documents, etc. These services allow remote clients to access these resources, query their properties and perform various actions on those resources, such as:
- Enumerate and aggregate the resources from various servers, with load-balancing and failover support for XenApp and XenDesktop farms with multiple controllers.
- Launch apps or desktops remotely using the ICA or RDP protocols.
- Launch streamed apps
- Launch mobile apps on appropriate clients.
- Power Off certain XenDesktop desktops.
- Retrieve images and icons for resources.
- Subscription to resources, allowing different clients to store data associated with a subscribed resource.
Additionally there are end-point, account and discovery services to aid the client in locating the various services available in a StoreFront installation.
 Hypertext Transfer Protocol – HTTP/1.1: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc
 HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest Access Authentication: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2617.txt