The purpose of this document is to specify the API for the Store Services, also known as Resource Services, that are used for retrieving information about resources published from: XenApp, XenDesktop, VDI-in-a-Box, AppController, ShareFile, and other resource providers.
The Store Services, are part of the StoreFront Services and allow clients to access resources available from various back-end providers. Examples of resources include: apps, including mobile apps, desktops, documents, etc. These services allow remote clients to access these resources, query their properties and perform various actions on those resources, such as:
- Enumerate and aggregate the resources from various servers, with load-balancing and failover support for XenApp and XenDesktop farms with multiple controllers.
- Launch apps or desktops remotely using the ICA or RDP protocols.
- Launch streamed apps
- Launch mobile apps on appropriate clients.
- Power Off certain XenDesktop desktops.
- Retrieve images and icons for resources.
- Subscription to resources, allowing different clients to store data associated with a subscribed resource.
Additionally there are end-point, account and discovery services to aid the client in locating the various services available in a StoreFront installation.
 Hypertext Transfer Protocol – HTTP/1.1: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc
 HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest Access Authentication: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2617.txt
 CitrixAuth Authentication Scheme v1.